Not far from the site of York Town is Supply River.

The river draws its name from the supply of fresh water at a waterfall just 500 metres from the river mouth, discovered in 1804 when the Lady Nelson sailed up the Tamar River. A water mill was built c. 1825, approximately 30 kilometres north of Launceston, upstream of the junction of the Tamar and Supply rivers. A 500-metre walking trail leads from the river mouth to the water mill.

Supply River

TAS_4136_Small

TAS_4137_Small

TAS_4138_Small

TAS_4139_Small

TAS_4140_Small

TAS_4141_Small

TAS_4142_Small

TAS_4143_Small

TAS_4144_Small

TAS_4145_Small

TAS_4146_Small

TAS_4147_Small

TAS_4148_Small

TAS_4149_Small

TAS_4150_Small

TAS_4151_Small

TAS_4152_Small

TAS_4153_Small

TAS_4154_Small

TAS_4155_Small

TAS_4156_Small

TAS_4157_Small

TAS_8204_Small

TAS_8205_Small

TAS_8206_Small

TAS_8207_Small

TAS_8208_Small

Copyright
Viewgrant Pty Ltd 2025

Richardsclan

Becoming a Grey Nomad

TASMANIA